Celebrating Father’s Day this year may be difficult for some of us, but whether you are spending it close or afar make sure you tell dad or your father figure how special he is!
Get together from a distance!
This year Father’s Day celebrations will look a little different for some of us, staying apart is keeping us safe, but it doesn’t mean we forgot about the special days. Here are some ideas to celebrate with Dad but still be apart.
- Virtual Lunch – get the family together for an online lunch, get the zoom calls going and catch up over a meal.
- Write a letter – Now is a great time to bring back the traditional letter sending or card writing. The kids will love this!
- Create a video card – get the family and kids together to create a fun video message you can send to dad on his special day. Not sure how? Ask the kids, between TikTok & Instagram they can work some magic with their eyes closed!
- Make a phone call – something as simple as a phone call will remind Dad how much we love him.
- Send him a gift! – We all love mail, no doubt we have all become a little obsessed with online shopping. Make the most of it and get something Dad loves sent directly to his door.
If you can get together, we are jealous, but make the most of it! Some ideas for dad in person might include:
- Shout Dad a yummy brunch or lunch
- Spend quality time together by going for a walk in the park
- Cook Dad one of his favourite meals and drop it off to him!